Corporate Social Responsibility
- Activities under CSR
- Fund Allocation
- Institutional Setup
- Implementation of the programs
- Monitoring & Review
- General Information
- Annexure – 1
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy is committed to achieve the goals of sustainable development by integrating economic, environmental and social imperatives, which recognizes the interests for all its stakeholders.
It ensures complying with the programs that are for the upliftment of the society, socially and environmentally, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the deprived and under-privileged.
The philosophy of Mankind Group is "Serving Life" by providing quality products at affordable prices to the society. In line with the company philosophy, our CSR vision endeavors to provide the best services to the society with the commitment that "We Are There to Care" and subsequently promoting the sustainable growth for the society where it operates.
The CSR Policy of Mankind Pharma Limited ("Mankind" and/or "the Company") shall apply to all CSR programs/activities undertaken by the Company in accordance with Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 ("the Act").
4. Activities under Corporate Social Responsibility
Mankind considers practicing its corporate values through its commitment to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while meeting the interests of its stakeholders. Therefore, the arenas of activities that will be considered are listed hereby:-
- Promoting healthcare including preventive health care practices, sanitation, contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set-up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and providing safe drinking water and eradicating hunger, poverty, malnutrition ;
- Directing actions towards different aspects of education - including special education, employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Conservation of natural resources, Ensuring environmental sustainability, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, ecological balance, agroforestry and maintaining quality of soil, air and water, contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set-up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga;
- Protection and restoration of national heritage, art and culture, setting up public libraries and promotion & development of traditional art & handicrafts;
- Encouraging and promotion of rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other funds/trusts set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief & welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contribution or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions;
- Rural development projects;
- Contribution and support for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Slum area development;
- Contribution and support towards disaster management, including relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction activities; and
- Such other areas and activities, as may be allowed from time to time, not included hereinabove, by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
5. Fund Allocation
- Allocation of funds will be made in line with the objective of the CSR policy and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the government time to time.
- The company will ensure that it spends in every financial year, at least 2% of the average Net profits of the company, calculated in accordance with the provisions of Section 198 of the Act, made during the three immediately preceding financial years.
- The CSR budget will be allocated after taking into account the recommendations of the CSR Committee and considering the nature of activities and programs.
- It will be earmarked towards the need identification, assessing the impact studies along with the sponsorship of CSR activities and advertisements.
- Any unutilized CSR allocation of a particular year, will be carried forward to the following year, i.e., the CSR budget will be non-lapsable in nature.
- Any surplus arising out of the CSR projects or programs or activities shall not form part of the business profits of the Company.
- The CSR Committee will decide on the location for the CSR programs/activities.
6. Institutional Setup under Corporate Social Responsibility
In Mankind, the Board of Directors have constituted a CSR Committee in compliance with the provisions of the Act. The CSR Committee will set directions for CSR initiatives of the Company, and will ensure the overall responsibility. The Committee, for the effective planning and implementation of the CSR initiatives of the Company may also take into consideration the proposals of relevant function/departments and members of its corporate and regional offices.
The Company shall endeavor to undertake its CSR activities either on its own or through agencies, trusts, societies, organizations etc. as specified in the Act read with Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014.
7. Implementation of the programs
- The focus of the CSR activities conducted by the Company shall be within the list of activities specified in clause 2 of this Policy.
- The Company will continue to promote and build partnership with NGOs/trusts/foundations and other charitable organizations towards implementation of our social activities for the betterment of the society.
- Continually encourage employees to contribute to society and environment development.
- The time duration over which a particular programme will be spread, will depend on its nature, extent of coverage and the intended impact of the program.
8. Monitoring & Review (Annex. – 1)
- The Committee shall ensure timely execution of the scheduled activities as per the laid standards.
- The Committee shall obtain feedback from the beneficiaries of the programs and the associated NGOs/agencies .
- Appropriate documentation of CSR Policies, activities and expenditure entailed will be maintained by the Company on a regular basis.
- CSR initiatives of the company will also be reported in the Annual Report of the company in the format as specified in Annexure-1 to this Policy.
9. General Information
- In case of any doubt with regard to the provision of the policy and also in respect of matters not covered herein, a reference to be made to Company. In all such matters, the interpretation & decision of the CSR Committee shall be final.
- Any or all provisions of the CSR Policy would be subject to revision/amendment in accordance with the guidelines on the subject as may be issued from Government from time to time.
- The Company reserves the right to modify, cancel, add or amend any of the above mentioned in accordance with the Act & rules applicable from time to time.
10. Annexure – 1
|S.No.||CSR Project or activity identified||Sector in which the Project is covered||Projects or programs
(1) Local Area or other
(2) Specify the State and district where the programs was undertaken
|Amount outlay (Budget) project or program wise||Amount spent on the projects or programs Sub heads:
1. Direct expenditure on projects or programs.
|Cumulative expenditure up to the reporting period||Amount spent: Direct or through implementing agency|
| 1. In case the Company has failed to spend the two percent of the average net profit of the last three financial years or any part thereof, the Company shall provide the reasons for not spending the amount in its Board Report
2. A responsibility statement of the CSR Committee that the implementation and monitoring of CSR Policy, is in compliance with CSR objectives and Policy of the Company
|(Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director or Director)||(Chairman CSR Committee)||Date: