First impression creates a lasting impression
Dress, grooming and personal cleanliness standards contribute to the morale of all employees and influence the business image of the company. Some of the basic parameters that need to be taken care of for attire are -
Professional Attire -
- Your dress shirt should be solid in a neutral color, preferably white, but certainly a light color.
- Wear the same color socks as the suit, and long enough to allow no skin shown between leg and shoe.
- Wear a tie of neutral color with less than 3 colours.
- Your tie should co-ordinate with your attire and the knot should be a perfect triangle.
- The appropriate colours for formal trousers and belt are Black & Brown.
- Avoid wearing wrinkled, untidy and unwashed clothes.
- Wear only formal belts with a sleek buckle and as thumb rule, match your belt to your shoes.
- Black or brown leather shoes for men and sandals for women.
- Wear clean socks to avoid bad odour.
- Shoes should be polished regularly and match with the pair of trousers.
- To have a neat look, tie long hair.
- Hair should be well combed and clean.
- Avoid exotic hair colours and hair styles.
- Men should shave or trim the beard.
- Brush your teeth and use mouthwash to avoid bad breath which can be caused due to smoking which is an offence at workplace.
- Finger nails to be neatly trimmed.
- Well-maintained and subtle nail polish colours.
Brand badge -
- Badge is the silent promoter of the brand which reflects the identity of the company and its employees. Therefore it should be dignified.