Know the Importance of Breastfeeding on this World Breastfeeding Day
Breastfeeding serves as the most natural way of feeding a baby, and helps a mother create a special and loving bond with her newly born child. It satisfies the thirst and hunger of the newly born babies while catering to all their nutritional needs during the first six months of their life. In short, breast milk is the ideal food for a baby, and offers innumerable health benefits for the baby as well as the mother.
Further, breast milk changes continuously in order to meet the nutritional needs of the baby. The milk ensures healthy growth of the baby by constantly changing in composition and volume on the basis of nursing frequency, time of the day, and age of the baby.
Importance of Breastfeeding for the Baby
Breast milk is the safest and healthiest food for your baby, and plays a key role in the overall development of your child in terms of a stronger immune system, tooth and jaw development, mental development, and emotional security.
Some of the important benefits of breast milk include:
- It provides all essential nutrients to your child in the right proportions.
- Protection against allergies.
- Protection against obesity and sickness.
- Stronger immune system which helps a babyto fight against diseases and infections even later in life.
- Easily digested – eliminates conditions such as diarrhea, constipation, and upset stomach.
- Promotes healthier weights in babies when they grow up.
- Protection against conditions such as diabetes, cancer, liver, and heart diseases even later in life.
- Protection against gastrointestinal illnesses, urinary tract infections, conditions such as ulcerative colitis, meningitis, ear infections, celiac diseases, etc.
Importance of Breastfeeding for the Mother
Breastfeeding is as important for the mother as it is for the newly born child. Some of the health benefits of breastfeeding for the mother include:
- Lower risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and type 2 diabetes
- Deeper and stronger bond with the baby
- Mothers can heal faster after delivery and avoid post-partum bleeding
- Provides stronger bones
- Mothers have a better chance of returning to their original weight
- Lower risk of haemorrhage right after delivery
In addition to the benefits to the mother and her child, breastfeeding is also good for the environment and even the best pharmaceutical companies accept that. While the top pharma companies manufacture high-quality medicines that can help your child recover from several diseases, breastfeeding is the perfect nutrition that saves your child from innumerable diseases in the first place.