Annual Performance for FY 2010-2011
Highlights of the results:-
- Steep rise in revenues by $ 179 million in the last 5 years with an increasing EBIDTA in the same proportion.
- Spurting rise in Net Income by $ 32 million in a span of 5 years.
- Growing by leaps and bounds, Mankind has achieved the turnover of $ 330 million in 2010-2011 and is heading towards a turnover of $ 440 milllion
- By the end of year FY 2011 our 60 brands are amongst top 5 brands in the market out of which 28 brands rank no.1 and 22 brands rank no.2.
- Purports amongst Top 20 companies in metros.
- Amongst the top 5 companies in Gastro-Intestinal Segment with a major focus of 5.38% market share in Anti Infective segment.
The Indian Pharma Industry, one of the world’s biggest generic drug markets, has soared to a double digit CAGR of 15% over the past five years and so has Mankind Pharma witnessed an all round growth in the FY 2010-11.
For the year ended 31st March 2011, the Company achieved a turnover of $330 million as compared to $240 million in FY 2009-10. The Company observed elevated growth in key categories by sharing 31% in Systemic Anti-infective and 16% in Alimentary Tract & Metabolism as against 19% & 15% of Industry share respectively.
In an intensely competitive environment, our 60 brands are now placed amongst the Top 5 brands with 28 brands at no.1 and 22 brands at no.2 position. Our innovation forays have successfully addressed new benefit clusters and Mankind Pharma continues to maintain its leadership edge by clocking the highest growth at 27.2% amongst the top 10 companies with a perked up trend in sales force performance showcasing more than 6000 sales force associated with us.
During this year, we introduced several new and renovated offerings in OTC segment with the products like Prega News, Adiction, Unwanted-72, Don't Worry & Kustody. The New product portfolio was strengthened with the successful launch of 79 new products that constituted about 8% of our total revenues. This innovation combined with relevant consumer activation has made Mankind Pharma to emerge as the 8th largest pharma company in the Indian market largely on the back of sales from rural areas with a steady year on year growth of 40%.
As a Corporate, Mankind has established an excellent track record in terms of its financial performance. This has been adequately demonstrated with the Company's revenues mounting by $ 179 million in the last 5 years. The Net Income also escalated by $ 32 million in a span of 5 years, giving a CAGR of 30%.